What did I do for New Year’s Eve? Glad you asked!
Cole and I decided to host our own little dinner party. And because he is such an excellent cook, I was in charge of the appetizer 🙂
I’ve made tomato and mozzarella tarts a couple of different times in the past few months and it’s always been a hit. This time was no different, I think it was entirely gone in 10 minutes.
Flaky Tomato, Mozzarella and Basil Tart
(adapted from Real Simple)
- 2 sheets of puff pastry (Pepperridge Farms)
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes (sliced or halved)
- 1 cup grated mozzarella
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- handful of chopped fresh basil
- Heat oven to 425° F. roll the puff pastry into a baking sheet.
- Top with the tomatoes, mozzarella and chopped basil
- Drizzle with the oil and season with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Bake until golden brown and cooked through, 20 to 25 minutes. Cut into pieces before serving.