is it too late?
image found here
Yes, I know. January is practically over, but I haven’t shared my New Year’s goals yet! Each year I struggle to create my goals in a timely manner and spend most of January mulling over them, just to make sure I can actually keep them.
(Besides goal #1 they aren’t in any particular order.)
- Be Rooted in the Word – I want to be more intentional about memorizing and mediating on God’s Word so that I can better apply it to everyday life.
- Stop reading so many blogs – I’m significantly reducing the amount of blogs I read by about 50%. I’m sick of opening my Google Reader and feeling like I have to read every single blog I’ve subscribed to. So I’m cutting back and staying connected to my personal friends, friends I’ve made blogging, and a select few that inspire me.
- Do Something About the Poor and the Needy– I want to reach out and see change in my community and in my world. I’m not sure what that tangibly looks like right now, but I’m trusting the Lord to cast a vision for my involvement.
- Eat Right– Cole and I have started cutting out all the “fun stuff”, like bread… and sugar.
- Write More– I have this crazy idea that one day I’ll write a devotional for young women. This year I’m making time to sit down and write.
- Create Community– As newlyweds we’re getting settled in together and want to start growing with a community of believers in a small group or weekly fellowship/outreach.
- Attend a Blogging Conference – self explanatory 🙂
Do Share! Any unique goals you have this year? Or suggestions on ways to keep mine?